Positive Action for LGBT+ MSc Scholarship
The Business School will offer two LGBT+ scholarships to the value of £10,000 for entry onto one of our taught Masters degrees for entry 2023-24. The scholarships will be awarded to candidates who are committed to making a difference to the LGBT+ community, especially within the business environment.
There are two Positive Action for LGBT+ MSc Scholarships available, with a value of £10,000 each.
You can only apply for the scholarship once you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join one of the eligible programmes and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. The scholarship selection panel can only consider your application if you hold an active offer throughout your scholarship application process (meaning if your offer is declined at any point up until the scholarship decision deadline you will no longer be eligible). You can apply to the scholarship only once within per admissions cycle.
You will not be eligible for this scholarship if:
• You are fully sponsored by your employer
• You are in receipt of a full scholarship
• You have already accepted another scholarship from the University of Edinburgh Business School
• You submit a scholarship application prior to having secured an offer for the programme you are applying to.
Eligible programmes are:
The LGBT+ Scholarship will be awarded to candidates who:
Can demonstrate their commitment to the LGBT+ community through previous action and support either within the business setting specifically, or in a wider sense through LGBT+ action.
Continue to aspire to make a difference for the LGBT+ community through their future personal and career goals.
Have sound academic credentials.
Applications for the 2023-2024 academic session are no longer being accepted for this scholarship as the 15th May 2023 deadline has now passed.
If you wish to be considered for a scholarship you should submit an application through the University Scholarship Application system following the receipt of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a Masters programme, and by the deadline.
- The scholarship will be paid directly towards your tuition fees
- Scholarships have to be accepted by the deadline defined in the scholarship award letter.
- If you do not accept and pay the required Masters programme deposit within the given time frame then you will forfeit your scholarship offer as well as your programme offer. The Business School will then re-allocate this scholarship
- Any scholarship is automatically withdrawn if you decline your programme offer or fail to meet the conditions set out in your programme offer letter.
- Only one University of Edinburgh Business School scholarship can be accepted.
- If you receive a scholarship, you will be expected to participate occasionally as an ambassador for the Business School during and after your programme
All applicants will be notified of the result of their scholarship application within a month of the deadline.