MSc Internal Medicine Masters Scholarships
The University of Edinburgh’s MSc Internal Medicine will offer up to eight partial tuition fee scholarships.
Scholarhips are available for one year to support new students commencing study in the 2021-2022 academic year.
The scholarships will support tuition fees with a one-off payment of £2,500 for the 2021–2022 academic session.
Applicants should already have been offered a place on the MSc in Internal Medicine Programme and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
Only applicants who are domiciled and working in one of the less economically advantaged countries will be considered including:
|Afghanistan||Congo (Peoples Republic)||Isreal||Mozambique||Surinam|
|Albania||Costa Rica||Ivory Coast||Namibia||Swaziland|
|Antigua and Barbuda||Djibouti||Kazakhstan||Niger||Thailand|
|Azerbaijan||Ecuador||Korea DRY (North)||Pakistan||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Bangladesh||Egypt||Kyrgyzstan||Papua New Guinea||Tunisia|
|Belarus||El Salvador||Lao PDR||Paraguay||Turkey|
|Bolivia [Bolivia Plurinational State of]||Gabon||Libya||Rwanda||Venezuela|
|Cayman Islands||Honduras||Mexico||St Helena|
|Congo (Democratic Republic)||Iraq||Morocco||Sudan|
Selection is based on academic merit and the personal statement. Your personal statement should describe your current contribution to your local and/or national health care organisations and how successful participation in the Programme you will enhance your contribution to health care services in your country.
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- work in their country's health care service on completion of their studies
- use their learning and skills to further enhance and develop that service
- foster clinical and academic links between their country's medical universities, teaching hospitals, health care organisations and research institutes and The University of Edinburgh
- maintain high academic standards
- commit to the university’s regulations and good academic practice
- support the Internal Medicine student community by presenting a session at our student club on global practice
- provide a biography to be held on our student scholarship award web-page
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic session are no longer being accepted for this scholarship as the 28th of June deadline has now passed.
Frequently Asked Questions
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by August 2021.