Scholarships and Student Funding

Useful Contacts

Useful contact information for external organisations and internal departments.

We would encourage all students to read the Universities FAQs about COVID-19 prior to contacting us.


Student Loans for UK students


Student Loan Company

(SLC) – For students applying to Student Finance England, Wales and Northern Ireland

The SLC have reopened their contact centres and are offering a partial service. Due to the very large number of calls, it will take longer than usual to get through. Please consider calling back later or reading the FAQs. The following phone lines are open Monday 6 April to Friday 10 April from 10:00am to 5:30pm.


Student Finance England

Full-time and part-time undergraduate students: 0300 100 0607

Postgraduate Master’s and Doctoral Loans: 0300 100 0031


Student Finance Wales

Full-time and part-time undergraduate students: 0300 200 4050

Postgraduate Master’s and Doctoral Loans: 0300 100 0494


Student Finance Northern Ireland 

Contact centre closed


Guidance for current students 

Guidance for prospective students 


Student Awards Agency Scotland (SAAS)

Please refer to SAAS FAQs before contacting them. 

SAAS have closed their contact centre. To contact SAAS by phone, please call the following number and leave a voicemail enquiry: 0131 244 3544.

For students who have a SAAS reference number, you can also login in to your SAAS account to send a message

For those who do not have a SAAS reference number, please use the following contact form.

Apply here for a SAAS loan for the upcoming academic year.  


NHS Business Services Authority

Applications for 2020/2021 NHS Bursary and Social Work Bursary are currently on hold.


Online Contact Form 

Telephone: 0300 330 1345

Placement claims (PPE/TDAE):

Exceptional Support Fund claims:


US Loans

2019-20 FAFSA applicants 

If you are a current student with loans for the 2019/2020 academic session please read our FAQs about US loans before contacting the team.


2020-21 FAFSA applicants

Please complete this FAFSA Enquiry form to let us know that you have completed your FAFSA application. 


Canadian Loans

Please refer to your loan provider for any information about payment or repayment of Canadian student loans. 

To request the completion of a TL11a tax form please fill out this web form.

Please email to request the completion of any other form relating to Canadian student loans.


Student Health and Wellbeing

The University takes the health and well-being of their students very seriously and we would like to signpost you to a few departments that can offer support at this difficult time.

University Health and Wellbeing Information 

Edinburgh University Students’ Association

The Chaplaincy Centre

The Student Disability Service

The Student Counselling Service 


Student Accommodation 

Any queries relating to University Accommodation please contact the student accommodation team at the following email address:


Finance Helpline

For any queries relating to payment of tuition fees please contact the Finance Helpline at