Other need-based funding
Further need-based assistance is available from these private funds.
The President's Fund - Edinburgh Association of University Women
The Presidents Fund has existed since 1951 and gives grants of varying amounts to assist women in their final year of study for a degree (postgraduate or undergraduate) in a University in the United Kingdom.
For the guidance of applicants to the Fund:
- Awards are for those who face unexpected financial hardship
- Awards are given for the current study year – the applicant’s final year of study
- Successful applicants to the Fund will receive one award only
- Awards are not given for courses of one year’s duration (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Awards are not given for access courses, diploma courses nor for certificate courses
- Awards are not given for study or work overseas
Applicants must request, complete and sign the application form. The form must be received by the Hon Secretary duly completed, dated, signed by the applicant and accompanied by two signed academic references. The application form and the references are to be posted to the Hon Secretary to the address specified in the application form.
Further information and to request an application form please contact the Hon Secretary of the Fund at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trustees of the Fund meet to consider applications three times each year: - usually in October, January and April
Awards are made at the discretion of the Trustees whose decision is final
The Schilizzi Foundation
Grants are available to Greek students pursuing an undergraduate degree course or vocational training in the UK.
Students should be in their final year of a degree/diploma and experiencing unforeseen hardship. Postgraduates and second year students will only be considered in very exceptional circumstances.
Application forms and further information is available from: