Information for applicants
If you are applying to study at the University of Edinburgh and you have a disability, learning difference or health condition that may impact on your studies, please make contact with the Student Disability Service, to discuss your support needs.
If you have had support in the past while studying, we’re always interested to know what has worked for you and what hasn’t, however, we won’t automatically replicate previous support. We need to know what will work best for you in the context of your studies here at the University of Edinburgh. Feel free to give us a call or drop us an email to find out about the range of support that we can offer.
If you are intending to study at the University and you have a diagnosis of an Autistic Spectrum Condition, we offer a transition event to prospective students in the summer. The programme of the event will include an opportunity to:
- Build confidence
- Familiarise yourself with the University
- Make contact with other new students and make friends
- Gain an insight into University life
- Find out more about University services
- Listen to talks from a variety of staff and students and the Students’ Association
- Gain study skill tips.
If you are interested in attending the next transition event please contact us.