Coronavirus (COVID-19): update on support
Update for students receiving support from the Student Disability Service
As we are sure you appreciate, circumstances are changing quickly. Based on government advice, the Student Disability Service will move to supporting students via phone or online methods.
- We will be contacting all students who have a scheduled appointment to arrange an alternative (e.g. phone or skype appointment) if possible.
- There may be some appointments that we have to postpone until we are able to offer face to face appointments again. We will contact you if that is the case.
- For those receiving mentoring or tutoring support, your mentor or tutor will contact you to arrange an alternative method of holding your sessions (e.g. phone or skype).
- Exams: Unfortunately, we cannot currently offer any further guidance with regard to the format or the timings of your online exams - this information is not available yet. Further information will be sent out to you from the relevant departments and services in due course so please also continue to check your student e-mails. You will be notified of the specifics of your online exam requirements once these have been confirmed.
- Should you require immediate assistance with support not related to your studies, such as shopping for food or collecting medication, we recommend that you contact Social Services www.edinburgh.gov.uk/socialcaredirect
- Please continue to refer to the University’s page on the Coronavirus (Covid-19) for the most recent information:
During this unprecedented time, we would like to reassure you that we are working to ensure continuity of support for you. Thank you for your patience.