What works: Psychoeducation
We all use words like 'anxiety' and 'stress' but really understanding what these mean both generally and personally has been show to help people manage and reduce symptoms.
What the evidence says:
- Helps enhance your understanding of the situation or challenges you are facing.
- Encourages self reflection and fosters awareness as to how your situation may be affecting your own life.
- Identifies internal and external resources, tools and strategies to help cope.
- Helps you to feel more in control and therefore, less stressed and more confident.
Where’s the evidence?
How to get involved:
- University of Edinburgh Skills for Life and Learning Workshops
- Bibliotherapy – List of recommended books on various wellbeing and mental health topics
- NHS Stress control classes
- Big White Wall