Student Counselling

Staff members – supporting your students

If you are worried about a distressed student, you can encourage them to self-refer to us. We can’t accept referrals that are only to get evidence of special circumstances.

If you want to refer a student to the Student Counselling Service please encourage the student to complete our online form.

It is important that students book their own appointments and decide for themselves whether this is the right time to seek help.

Self-referral form

The Student Disability Service provide advice in supporting distressed students, including the University’s ‘Helping Distressed Students Guide’.

Helping distressed students

We cannot provide any information about a student who is registered with us. However, if you are worried, we are happy to chat about your concerns over the phone.

Confidentiality policy

Contact us

Special circumstances

We can provide documentary evidence of special circumstances, where appropriate, for students who are already attending counselling.

However, we can’t help with special circumstances requests for students who weren’t previously registered with us.

Special Circumstances Procedure - Academic Services

Staff Counselling

If you are a staff member looking for counselling for yourself, please visit the Staff Counselling site.

Staff Counselling Service

Crisis care

If someone know requires urgent help, there are several organisations who can help.

Crisis support