Student Immigration Service

Rights, responsibilities and restrictions

Your Tier 4 visa imposes a number of rights, responsibilities and restrictions on you and on the University, as your sponsor.

You are responsible for your immigration status. We will send email updates of any major changes to the Immigration Rules, but you are responsible for ensuring that you abide by the conditions of your visa.

It is very important that you take these conditions seriously, as failure to do so could result in the loss of your visa and, in some cases, criminal charges.

Further advice

Immigration law in the UK is complex and it is important that you are fully aware of your rights and responsibilities. 

In the UK, it is illegal to give immigration advice unless you are fully trained and regulated. It is important that you seek professional advice before making changes to your studies. Please do not take advice from your friends.

We provide a fully trained and regulated immigration advisory service, and are the only people in the University who are permitted to give immigration advice. We are happy to help you, and you can come to speak to us at a drop-in session or contact us via our enquiry form.

Contact us

For more information on our terms of service

Conditions of Service