Student Immigration Service

EU/EEA/Swiss nationals with a new Student visa

You will need to upload a copy of your passport and attend an in-person appointment for International Check-in after you enter the UK.

Steps for International Check-in if you have digital immigration permission

Step 1: Make sure the information on your digital record is correct

Check your personal details, your working conditions and the dates of your Student visa on your UKVI account. Your visa should cover the full duration of your studies, as stated in your CAS, plus an additional wrap-up period. 

Please also check you have been granted a Student visa on the correct category and that it is not for a ‘Child Student’. 

If you need to update your personal details, you can do this through your UKVI account. If you notice a mistake with your visa information, you should contact UKVI to have it corrected.

Update your UKVI account details

Step 2: Take a photo of your passport and upload it to MyEd

You should take a clear, colour photo (or a scan) of the personal details page of your passport.  

To upload your passport:  

  1. Log in to MyEd.  
  2. Select Accounts>Progression>My Student Record.   
  3. Click the Immigration tab.  
  4. Click ‘Add a new passport’ or ‘Edit information’ for a passport that has already been uploaded. 

You must make sure that all fields are completed in the passport section.  

Step 3: Get a share code from the UKVI website

Your share code will allow us to upload and record details of your immigration status. You should get your share code from UKVI website and complete the form below provide us the details of your share code so that your record can be updated. 

Provide us your share code

Step 4: Book and attend an appointment

After uploading your passport and emailing us your share code, you should book an appointment for International Check-in. You will need to bring:

  • Your passport;
  • Your Visa Decision Letter;
  • Evidence of your entry into the UK (for example, a boarding pass). 

Book an appointment for International Check-in 


Steps for International Check-in if you were issued a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) 

You will need to pick up your BRP when you arrive in the UK. You should upload a photo of your passport to MyEd, and book and attend an appointment for International Check-in. 

Find out more about the process by reading our page for non-EU/EEA/Swiss national students. 

International Check-in for non-EU/EEA/Swiss students