Student Immigration Service

While you are here

Helpful guidance on things to bear in mind while you are here, such as your rights and responsibilities with regards to your visa, what to do if your studies change, and what to do if your passport or visa (BRP) is lost/stolen.

International Check-in

International Check-in is the process by which we check immigration documents for students who are non-UK/Irish nationals coming to study in the UK. Learn about what you need to do.

Lost or stolen passport and visa (BRP)

What to do if your passport and/or visa (a BRP) is lost or stolen

Register with Police Scotland

The police registration scheme has been suspended with immediate effect. 

Changes to your studies

Certain changes to your studies, such as changes to the length or level of your programme, resits and repeats, and breaks from study can affect your Tier 4/Student visa. 

Need more time to finish or extend your studies

If you are a current student and need more time to finish or extend your studies, then contact us for advice on what to do about your visa.

Travelling Europe while studying - Schengen visas

If you want to travel to continental Europe during your studies, you may need to apply for a Schengen visa.