Student Immigration Service

Contact us

If you have any questions or need advice then complete our enquiry form.

If you are a new student, please use the enquiry form below:

Send us an enquiry

If you are a current student at the university, please use the enquiry form: 

Current Student Enquiry Form 

If you are a member of staff, please use the enquiry form below and check our staff guidance pages: 

Staff Enquiry Form 

Our services

We are here to help you get your Student visa and protect your immigration status while you are studying.  

Our team of experts includes three immigration advisers who provide accurate and personalised advice to students and their dependants. They are highly skilled and experienced and adhere to the Code of Practice set out by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC). 

Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) website

Parents/guardians of students: please note we cannot provide immigration advice to you without obtaining the student's written consent to do so. If you would like our assistance in regard to your child's visa application or immigration circumstances, please ensure you provide their written consent. A short email stating they consent to you discussing their application on their behalf will normally fulfill this requirement. 

Our team also: 

  • checks the right to study of all international students at international check-in 

  • issues Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) to students where appropriate 

  • issues Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to students applying under the Student route 

  • provides information about post-study visa options 

  • works to protect and maintain the University’s sponsor licence 

What we can help with 

We can help with any questions or problems you have about studying at Edinburgh on a visa. This includes:  

  • applying for  a Student visa: for example, if you are not sure how to answer a question in the student route visa application form  

  • Student visa application check: before you submit a student route visa application, we can review your application  

  • CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies): for example, fixing errors, mistakes or missing information in your CAS 

  • BRP (Biometric Residence Permit): for example, fixing errors or mistakes in your BRP  

  • ATAS (Academic Technology Approval Scheme) certificate: for example, with delays (if you have been waiting more than 12 weeks only) or refusals 

  • Student route visa application refusals: if your Student route visa application is refused 

Alternative ways to contact us 


Phone: +44 (0) 131 650 9265 

You can contact us by phone on the following days and times (UK time zone):

  • Monday: 1pm-3pm 
  • Wed: 10am-12pm
  • Friday: 1pm-3pm  

We can only help with general questions on the phone.

If you need more specialist immigration advice, contact us with the form provided.  

One-to-one appointments

You can book a MS Teams appointment with an adviser if you need immigration advice. We may also offer in-person appointments, where preferred and based on our avaliability. 

You must contact us by using the relevant enquiry form before we can offer you an appointment. Please include as much information as possible when completing the form to ensure that we have all the information regarding your query.

We will put you in touch with an adviser who will assess whether an appointment is necessary.  

Extra support

If you need extra assistance to access our service, or need information in an alternative format, then let us know by calling us or contacting us through one of our enquiry forms above.