Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)
A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is an electronic document that confirms to the UK Home Office that the University of Edinburgh wishes to sponsor your study in the UK.
To be eligible for a CAS, you must:
- be non-EU/EEA/Swiss
- have accepted your unconditional offer of a place to study at the University of Edinburgh
- have provided any additional documentation required to complete the admissions process
Once all the requirements of admission have been met, you will receive an email on how to request a CAS. The process is extremely easy and should take no more than five minutes to complete.
New students/students beginning a new programme of studies: how to request a CAS
Please follow these instructions:
- Log into your Applicant Hub through EUCLID – you will then be able to see your offer under ‘My Applications’ or ‘My UG Applications.’
- Select ‘Open Application’
- Select the link which states ‘Please tell us if you require a CAS.’
Indicate whether you will need a CAS for use in a Tier 4 visa application
Please note that it is not possible to make a successful visa application more than three months before the start of your programme.
This means that if you request a CAS for use in a Tier 4 visa application, you should expect to receive further details about this no more than three months before your arrival in Edinburgh.