Student Immigration Service

Immigration Health Surcharge

The Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS) has been introduced to help fund the National Health Service (NHS), and will give migrants the same access to the NHS as UK citizens.

The UK has a healthcare system which is paid for through taxes. All UK nationals and most residents have equal access to the NHS without being charged each time they visit a doctor or hospital.