Student Immigration Service

Financial requirements

In most cases, if you are applying for a Student route visa will you need to provide evidence to show you have enough money to study and live in the UK.

Who needs to provide financial documents

If you're living outside the UK, you will need to prepare financial documents. If you have been living in the UK for at least 12 continuous months, you are exempt from this requirement.

How much money you need

The full amount that you need to show includes tuition fees and living costs of up to £9,207. You can find your tuition fees for your programme on your CAS.

Types of funds you can use

Find out what types of funds you can use to pay for your tuition fees and living costs. Types include: self-funding, educational loans and scholarships.