Student Immigration Service

Applying outside the UK: document checklist

You will need a valid passport and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number to apply for a visa from outside the UK. You may also need to submit additional documents depending on your circumstances.


Documents all students need to gather


If your documents are not in English


If you are studying a science and technology programme


If you live in a country that requires tuberculosis (TB) testing


If you have received a full scholarship


If you study the International Foundation or pre-sessional English programme


If you are under 18


Have a question about which documents you need?

If you are unsure about any of the documents you will need to provide, contact us through our enquiry form. We can review the documents you need to provide for your application.

Contact us through our enquiry form

Next step

Now that you know which documents you will need to apply, find out what the Student visa application and process is like.

Applying for a Student visa outside the UK