Student Immigration Service

Applying inside the UK: document checklist

You will need a valid passport and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number to apply for a visa from inside the UK. You may also need to submit additional documents depending on your circumstances.

Visa application processing times

Information about visa processing times can be found at the link below.

Visa processing times

Documents all students need


If you have been living in the UK for less than 12 months   


If your documents are not in English


 If you were issued with a BRP when you arrived in the UK



If you are studying a science and technology programme 


If you study the International Foundation or pre-sessional English programme


If you are applying in the UK for a student visa to study a new course


If you are under 18


Have a question about which documents you need?

If you are unsure about any of the documents you will need to provide, contact us through our enquiry form. We can review the documents you need to provide for your application.

Contact us through our enquiry form

Next step

Now that you know which documents you will need to apply, find out what the Student visa application and process is like.

Applying for a Student visa inside the UK