Student Immigration Service

Unless you have pre-settled or settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme, you must attend International Check-In. You will need to book an appointment before you attend.

What to do before attending

Book an appointment

If you chose to collect your Biometric Residence Permit from the University, it will be issued at this event. You should not attend until you have completed any period of self-isolation that is required. You will not be penalised if you cannot collect your BRP within 10 days of arrival.

Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

If you need to register with the Police you should make an appointment as soon as possible, after any period of self-isolation required. It is not necessary to complete registration within 7 days at this time of year.

How to register with the Police

The Graduate Immigration Route launched on 1 July 2021.  This page provides full information on eligibility, requirements and the application process. 

Careers students

Important information on applying for a visa to study at the University of Edinburgh

Divinity students Emmanuel Ojeifo, Stephen Dolan and Kursty Munro in New College quad

Answers to your questions about making changes to your studies, working in the UK, and more.

A passport, compass and money

Information on how to request a CAS for your Student visa application


A group of female students

Visa options for those who wish to work in the UK during or after their studies.

Flags of different European countries against a blue sky

Information for students from the European Union, European Economic Area and Switzerland.

A family on the Meadows

Immigration for family members and dependants.

University crest on a glass door

Advice and guidance for University of Edinburgh staff working with non-UK students. 

Students looking at a timetable

Information about support available to non-UK students and applicants at the University of Edinburgh.

immigration advice

How to get in touch with the Student Immigration Service