Souvenir Latin Parchment
University of Edinburgh souvenir Latin version of degree certificates
Souvenir Latin Parchments cost £40, inclusive of courier delivery
Graduates receive a degree certificate (in English) upon graduation as proof of their degree.
The University of Edinburgh offers graduates the opportunity to purchase a Latin version of their degree certificates as a unique memento of their studies at the university. Latin parchments are for display purposes only and do not replace the original degree certificates which should be retained as proof of graduation.
What do the Latin Parchment diplomas look like?
The Latin parchment replicates the traditional design of degree certificates issued by The University of Edinburgh up until 1989 and includes the following design features:
- Printed on heavy parchment paper (A3: 42 cm x 30 cm).
- Text printed in the traditional font.
- Includes a leather University of Edinburgh seal.
- The graduate’s name, degree details, thesis title (if applicable) and date of graduation are included on the parchment (as they are recorded on the original certificate).
- The parchment is accompanied by a verified English translation.
In what cases might I not be able to order a Latin parchment?
- We can only produce Latin parchments for degrees awarded from November 2002.
- We cannot produce Latin parchments for the awards of Undergraduate Certificate/Diploma in Higher Education (CertHE/DipHE) or Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma (PGCE/PGDE), or for those graduating from a dual or collaborative degree programme.
- We cannot produce Latin parchments for Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) graduates before November 2011.
What else do I need to know?
Latin souvenir diplomas for degrees prior to 2017 will include the English-language tagline: “The signatories of the University of Edinburgh as incorporated into this souvenir document may replace those recorded on the original degree certificate.”
Delivery is usually within 90 working days from the date of order or date of graduation, whichever is the latter.
Please provide a street or house address; P.O. boxes cannot be accepted.
I understand the above. How can I place an order?