Student Administration

Special circumstances explained

Here you can find a detailed explanation of what a special circumstance is and if your situation qualifies you to apply for one.

The University is committed to supporting you during your studies. If there is a situation beyond your control that you feel may have an adverse impact on your academic performance, you can apply for a coursework extension and/or for special circumstances.

Before applying, you should discuss your situation with your Personal Tutor (PT) and Student Support Team in your school. They will be able to advise you on your individual situation, help you access additional support if necessary,  and guide you through the process of submitting your application for an extension and/or special circumstances.

Further information on what to do can be found below.

Apply for special circumstances: