Student Administration

Extensions explained

Here you can find a detailed explanation of what an extension is and if your situation qualifies you to apply for one.

The University is committed to supporting you during your studies. Therefore, if there is a circumstance beyond your control that you feel may have an adverse impact on your academic performance, you can apply for a coursework extension and/or for special circumstances.

Before applying, you should discuss your situation with your Student Support Team or Personal Tutor (PT)  in your school. They will be able to advise you on your individual situation, help you access additional support if necessary, and guide you through the process of submitting your application for an extension and/or special circumstances.

Apply for an extension 

Not quite sure what to apply for? Please review the infograph below so you can find the right support.