Endurance Running Academy
The University of Edinburgh’s Endurance Running Academy was set up in partnership with Scottish Athletics to provide a performance programme for athletes competing in middle & long distance track, cross country, road, and mountain running.
Athletes on the programme will be provided with coaching, strength & conditioning, physiotherapy, performance lifestyle support, and access to sports scholarships.
We are seeking applications from both new and returning students for the 2022-23 academic year.
The deadline for applications is 28th August, with initial selections being made the week commencing 29th August
Consideration Criteria for 2022-2023 Season
To be considered for selection it is expected that athletes have met at least one of the following criteria in either the 2021 or 2022 seasons:
- Represented British Athletics at track, cross country, road, or mountain running.
- Represented BUCS at track or cross country.
- Represented your Home Countries Athletics Federation (e.g. scottishathletics) at track, cross country, road, or mountain running.
- Represented Scottish Universities at track or cross country.
- Scored BUCS points for the University of Edinburgh at cross country, indoors or outdoors track.
- Achieved any of the following times:
Pease note that these are minimum consideration standards and achieving them does not guarantee selection onto the programme:
If you have achieved any of the criteria / standards above and would like to be considered for selection into the Endurance Running Academy for the 2022/2023 season, please fill in the following form to confirm your interest and highlight the criteria / standards you have met.
If you have any questions, please contact Mark Nixon (firstname.lastname@example.org)