Registration and booking
Our climbing facilities are available to Sport & Exercise gym members as well as University of Edinburgh staff and students. All climbers can pre-book sessions online up to 3 days in advance.
What you need to do before visiting:
Please only visit if you do not have symptoms and are not self-isolating
Before your first visit you need to:
- Complete the unsupervised climbing registration form (only those registered will be permitted to climb).
- Watch induction video
- Video: The University of Edinburgh's climbing safety video with British Sign Language (BSL)
- A safety video with BSL for all those wanting to take part in bouldering at the Pleasance Sports Complex & Gym.
Members of the gym
Book your climbing session online in advance - Book online
Non-members - University of Edinburgh staff and students
- Arrive dressed and ready to climb.
- Changing rooms will be for essential use only, however, there will be toilets access and a designated space for personal belongings
- Equipment hire will be free of charge for a limited time.
- For members who have an existing climbing membership, you will still be able to book a slot to use the wall as part of your current membership until it expires. Then you can renew your gym membership and use the wall on the pay as you climb basis.
The Tower has disabled access; the Rock is upstairs and is not accessible. Please feel free to contact the staff to discuss your requirements.