Registration and booking
Our climbing facilities are available to Sport & Exercise gym members as well as University of Edinburgh staff and students. All climbers can pre-book sessions online up to 3 days in advance.
What you need to do before visiting:
Please only visit if you do not have symptoms and are not self-isolating
Before your first visit you need to:
- Complete the unsupervised climbing registration form (only those registered will be permitted to climb).
- Watch induction video
- Video: The University of Edinburgh's climbing safety video with British Sign Language (BSL)
- A safety video with BSL for all those wanting to take part in bouldering at the Pleasance Sports Complex & Gym.
Members of the gym
Book your climbing session online in advance - Book online
Non-members - University of Edinburgh staff and students
- Climbing and Bouldering continue to be a paid-for activity with member booking slots available up to 3 days in advance online.
- Changing rooms and lockers are available.
- Equipment hire will be free of charge for a limited time.
The Tower has disabled access; the Rock is upstairs and is not accessible. Please feel free to contact the staff to discuss your requirements.