Registration and booking
Our climbing facilities are available to University of Edinburgh staff, students and Sport & Exercise members. Members can also bring a guest.
Before your first visit you need to:
- Watch induction video:
- Video: The University of Edinburgh's climbing safety video with British Sign Language (BSL)
- A safety video with BSL for all those wanting to take part in bouldering at the Pleasance Sports Complex & Gym.
Complete the unsupervised climbing waiver
- Roped climbing sessions do not need to be booked in advance.
- When booking online for bouldering, please search under “Classes”
To register to book online, University of Edinburgh staff and students (not Sport & Exercise members) need to complete the PAYG booking registration form:
Complete the PAYG booking registration form
The climbing team will be in touch once it is processed.
Please do not visit if you are feeling unwell.
Bouldering continues to be a bookable activity with sessions available to book online 3 days in advance.
- Equipment hire is free of charge.
The Tower has disabled access; the Rock is upstairs and is not accessible. Please feel free to contact the staff to discuss your requirements.
Climbing Wall Reception
- Sport & Exercise
- Work: +44 (0)131 650 2464
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post Code
- EH8 9TJ