Guidelines for visiting
Advice for visiting our facilities and some frequently asked questions.
- Video: Etiquette video
- Some helpful guidance on what to do while visiting our facilities to help us all stay active in a safe environment.
The well-being of our community and team is our top priority, so we continue to ask our users to help keep everybody safe.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Members still need to pre-book climbing and classes online. You can do this 3 days in advance.
- Changing rooms and saunas are available.
- Please wash/sanitise your hands frequently.
- Please respect others and keep your distance.
- Please wipe down all equipment before and after use
- Please follow signs and advice.
- Please speak to a staff member if you have any questions about your exercise experience.
Swimming sessions operate on a first-come-first-serve basis during member swimming times.
Key guidelines for swimming at St Leonard's Land
- Please respect others and keep your distance when sharing the lanes with others where possible.
- We are asking that all members wipe down cubicles before and after use.
Showers and changing areas are available.
Please remember to bring a £1 coin or trolley token for the lockers.
Our sessions are very popular and do fill up quickly so if you cannot attend a slot you have booked please release the space as soon as you can to give others the chance to book.
Please cancel online:
- Log on to the class booking site - www.sport.ed.ac.uk/online-booking/
- Click into 'my account' (if accessing the site from a PC you will need to click into 'account history' first)
- Click into 'classes'
- Find the session you want to cancel then click the plus symbol to expand the box and click the red cancel button (if accessing the site from a PC find the class you want to cancel and click on the red X box).
If your query is about joining online or making a booking we suggest you read through our FAQ section - https://www.sport.ed.ac.uk/online-booking/Home/Help. If your query is not answered with the FAQs, please email our Sport & Exercise IT team - email@example.com.
For general enquiries or lost property please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 650 2585.
For membership-related issues please email email@example.com
If you have a Sport & Exercise issued membership card you will need to visit the Pleasance reception to purchase a replacement card which costs £6.
If you have a University of Edinburgh staff or student card you will need to contact card services.
In accordance with our terms and conditions, any cancellation requests must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the reason for wishing to cancel.
We encourage all our members to keep physically active, whether this is at the gym or at home. We have created a section on our website for advice and guidance on how to keep active at home.