Updates on our services in line with the easing of coronavirus restrictions.
- Video: Etiquette video
- Some helpful guidance on what to do while visiting our facilities to help us all stay active in a safe environment.
Updated 20 April 2022
All our facilities are open and all capacity restrictions have been lifted.
The well-being of our community and team is our top priority, so we continue to ask our users to help keep everybody safe.
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Members still need to pre-book climbing and classes online. You can do this 3 days in advance.
- Changing rooms and saunas are available.
- Please wash/sanitise your hands frequently.
- Please wear a face-covering when not exercising or engaged in an activity.
- Please respect others and keep your distance.
- Please wipe down all equipment before and after use
- Please follow signs and advice.
- Please speak to a staff member if you have any questions about your exercise experience.
Please help us keep our members and staff safe by adhering to Scottish Government, University of Edinburgh and Sport & Exercise guidelines.
Climbing and Bouldering will continue to be a paid-for activity with member booking slots available up to 3 days in advance online. We will continue to review this policy.
Swimming sessions operate on a first-come-first-serve basis during member swimming times.
Key guidelines for swimming at St Leonard's Land
- Please respect others and keep your distance when sharing the lanes with others where possible.
- We are asking that all members wipe down cubicles before and after use.
Showers and changing areas are available.
Please remember to bring a £1 coin or trolley token for the lockers.
Changing rooms will be available. If you can, please arrived dressed and ready to exercise, and shower at home. If you do need to use the changing rooms, please limit your time and follow our guidelines:
- Please keep your distance
- Please wash/sanitise your hands on entry and exit
- Please wear a face covering when in public spaces
- Please wipe down all touchpoints before and after use
- Please respect each other
The Saunas at the Pleasance are now open - We kindly ask that all members wipe down all touchpoints before & after use, adhere to the sauna guidance and do not enter if they are at capacity. Our saunas can be found in male change 2 and female change 2. Use of the sauna is included in your membership.
Paid for, long term "member" lockers at the Pleasance remain unavailable for the time being.
Communal changing is allocated on the day of use.
Our sessions are very popular and do fill up quickly so if you cannot attend a slot you have booked please release the space as soon as you can to give others the chance to book.
Please cancel online:
- Log on to the class booking site - www.sport.ed.ac.uk/online-booking/
- Click into 'my account' (if accessing the site from a PC you will need to click into 'account history' first)
- Click into 'classes'
- Find the session you want to cancel then click the plus symbol to expand the box and click the red cancel button (if accessing the site from a PC find the class you want to cancel and click on the red X box).
If you do need to get in contact please email email@example.com. Please be advised that we are currently receiving a large number of enquiries and due to current remote working arrangements, it may take us longer to reply but endeavour to get back to everyone as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience and continued support.
If you have a Sport & Exercise issued membership card you will need to visit the Pleasance reception to purchase a replacement card which costs £6.
If you have a University of Edinburgh staff or student card you will need to contact card services.
In accordance with our terms and conditions, any cancellation requests must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining the reason for wishing to cancel.
We encourage all our members to keep physically active, whether this is at the gym or at home. We have created a section on our website for advice and guidance on how to keep active at home.