Individual Performance Programme
The University supports our very best student athletes who compete in an individual capacity to succeed in both sport and studies.
The Programme offers essential support for student athletes who are committed to succeeding on the international stage.
Applications for the 2020/21 Programme are now closed. We will be in touch with all applicants as soon as possible.
Further information on studying and playing sport at Edinburgh as part of our Individual Performance Programme.
What is an 'Individual Performance Programme'? IPP covers sports in which athletes compete in an individual capacity, as opposed to team sports such as Rugby or Hockey, which are supported by our Team Performance Programme. The IPP has supported athletes from a wide range of sports including Athletics, Golf, Squash, Canoeing and Diving.
How does it work? IPP status and support is considered on an annual basis and open for application to any University student competing at minimum of junior or senior international standard in their sport. The University of Edinburgh has a commitment to the development of Performance Sport and close links with Scotland’s elite sport network, including the Scottish Institute of Sport and National Governing Bodies. Wherever possible, an involvement in University of Edinburgh Sport and BUCS competition is expected from IPP recipients.
What do we offer? The Individual Performance Programme (IPP) offers an essential support package for student athletes who are committed to succeeding on the international stage.
Support we offer our IPP athletes:
- Supervised Strength and Conditioning support from our S&C coaches
- Complimentary membership to our gym facilities and access to our bespoke Performance Gym
- Academic support and flexibility
- Accommodation assistance and dedicated athlete flats
- Performance lifestyle, mental skills and nutritional advice
- Access to the world-renowned FASIC Sport & Exercise Medicine Clinic
- Performance Sport kit from our clothing partner PlayerLayer
- Various Athlete Education sessions including anti-doping, career support, etc.
- Social media exposure and potential press coverage
If you are performing to a national sporting level, and prepared to engage in The University of Edinburgh Sport, then we’d love to hear from you.