Individual Performance Programme
The University supports our very best student athletes who compete in an individual capacity to succeed in both sport and studies.
- Video: Introduction to the Individual Performance Programme
- Members of our Performance Sport team introduce the benefits and opportunities on offer through the University of Edinburgh Individual Performance Sport Scholarship Programme
The Programme offers essential support for student athletes who are committed to succeeding on the international stage.
IPP Applications 21/22
Applications for the 21/22 cohort are now closed. However, we are always interested in hearing from athletes studying or considering studying at the University of Edinburgh so please get in touch.
Further information on studying and playing sport at Edinburgh as part of our Individual Performance Programme.
- Video: Individual Performance Programme Student Athlete View
- IPP students share their experience
- Video: Individual Performance Programme Former Student View
- Views from former IPP athletes
What is an 'Individual Performance Programme'?
IPP covers sports in which athletes compete in an individual capacity, as opposed to team sports such as Rugby or Hockey, which are supported by our Team Performance Programme. The IPP has supported athletes from a wide range of sports including Athletics, Golf, Squash, Canoeing and Diving and will consider applications for any sport.
How does it work?
IPP status and support is considered on an annual basis and open for application to any University student competing at minimum of junior or senior international standard in their sport. The University of Edinburgh has a commitment to the development of Performance Sport and close links with Scotland’s elite sport network, including the Scottish Institute of Sport and National Governing Bodies. Wherever possible, involvement in the University of Edinburgh Sport and BUCS competition is expected from IPP recipients.
What do we offer?
The Individual Performance Programme (IPP) offers an essential support package for student athletes who are committed to succeeding on the international stage.
The support we offer our IPP athletes:
- Supervised Strength and Conditioning support from our S&C coaches
- Complimentary membership to our gym facilities and access to our bespoke Performance Gym
- Academic support and flexibility
- Accommodation assistance and dedicated athlete flats
- Performance lifestyle, mental skills and nutritional advice
- Access to the world-renowned FASIC Sport & Exercise Medicine Clinic
- Performance Sport kit from our clothing partner PlayerLayer
- Various Athlete Education sessions including anti-doping, career support, etc.
- Social media exposure and potential press coverage
If you are performing to a national sporting level, and prepared to engage in The University of Edinburgh Sport, then we’d love to hear from you.