Peffermill Playing Fields
The University of Edinburgh's Peffermill playing fields boasts some of the finest sports pitches in Scotland.
Key guidelines for visiting Peffermill
- Please stay at home if you are feeling unwell.
- Book your session online in advance using our Online Booking Form
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to session starting and do not congregate in groups.
- Please arrive changed and ready to play (changing rooms will not be available for use, however, there will be toilet access).
- Please wear a face-covering where physical distancing is difficult
- Please wash/sanitise your hands frequently.
- Please sanitise kit and any touch points before you complete your activity slot.
- Please respect others and keep your distance.
- Please follow signs and advice.
- Please speak to any staff member if you have any questions about your exercise experience.
Our facilities, opening times, directions and more.
Peffermill Sports Village
The future of Peffermill Playing Fields
Peffermill offers nine premium artificial grass 5-a-side football pitches
Conferences, meetings and events
Peffermill is a fantastic venue for your city centre meeting, with onsite parking for up to 160 vehicles and a choice of catering options.
Our multi-sport 3G artificial pitches cater for a range of sports including football, rugby and recreational games/events.
Hockey and all-sport pitches
Peffermill is Scotland’s National Hockey Academy with two floodlit water based astroturf pitches as its centrepiece.
Grass pitches for football and rugby
Peffermill's natural turf pitches are acknowledged as being amongst the best in the East of Scotland and are used for a wide variety of sports including football and rugby.
More sports & services
Archery, cricket, lacrosse, shinty and sprint track facilities are also available at Peffermill.