Sport & Exercise Achieves Investors in People Platinum
Sport & Exercise has achieved the prestigious Investors in People Platinum Accreditation
We are delighted to annouce that we have been awarded the top accolade by Investors in People with Platinum accreditation. For nearly 30 years Investors in People has been recognised internationally as a leading people accreditation. This achievement is testament to the dedication of our people and our commitment to the continuous development and improvement of our place of work.
We are immensely proud to be one of only a few University departments in the UK to have gained a prestigious Platinum Investors in People Award. It is testament to the quality and energy of the team here at Sport & Exercise and we rightly celebrate each and every one of them. This award also recognises our long standing commitment to continuous improvement, development of our values, and our belief that anything is possible.
Sport & Exercise is now the only University department in Scotland, and indeed in the UK, to achieve this Platinum award, confirming that we are among the top 1% of organisations. Our people’s efforts set us apart and deservedly earned this Platinum award. Some highlights include:
- The Step Up programme which aims to upskill and offer leadership and shadowing opportunities to staff opening up channels of progression within Sport & Exercise;
- Collaboration across our units is encouraged and used as an approach to active decision making;
- Our values and vision are well understood by our team and demonstrated in striving to provide world class service for our community;
- Communication within teams and the wider staff is strong and regular, giving the opportunity for individuals to contribute their views;
- The energy, passion and quality of our people is outstanding and truly something we pride ourselves on.
Bonnie Clarke, Chief Executive of Remarkable, the organisation licensed to deliver Investors in People in Scotland, said,
I was delighted to share the celebrations with the Sport & Exercise team at the University of Edinburgh this week, on their Investors in People Platinum award. This is an achievement that needs to be recognised and appreciated. Setting the bar high, they demonstrated grit determination to improve year on year. The whole team working together, proved that putting people at the centre of their organisational ambition makes an important and positive impact, that creates a very special place to work!