Important Information. The State Funeral for Her Majesty the Queen
University closure – Monday 19 September 22
The state funeral of Her Majesty the Queen will take place on Monday 19 September at Westminster Abbey in London. In line with other University of Edinburgh buildings, all Sport & Exercise facilities and services will be closed on this day to allow students and staff to pay their respects.
- The Pleasance Sports Complex and Gym will be closed and no activity including gym access, climbing, exercise classes, personal training sessions, club sport and performance training sessions will be available. The Pleasance will reopen at 6am on Tuesday 20 September. Class instructors and Personal Trainers will be contacted by a member of the team.
- The Easter Bush Gym will be closed and reopen at 7am on Tuesday 20 September.
- St Leonard’s Land Swimming Pool, Gym and Games Halls will be closed and no activity including member pool access and performance and club sport training sessions will be available. The regular timetable will resume on Tuesday 20 September.
- Peffermill Playing Fields will be closed and no activity will be available. External bookers will be contacted by a member of the team.
- FASIC Sport & Exercise Medicine Clinic. All appointments will be rearranged, a member of the team will be in touch with patients affected.
- Firbush Outdoor Centre will be closed. Existing bookers will be contacted by a member of the team.
- Edinburgh University Sports Clubs will be contacted by the Sports Union.
We thank members and customers for their patience and understanding at this time.
- Due to the exceptional circumstances of this closure, and as per our terms and conditions, members will not be entitled to any refunds or extensions of their membership.
- Read our membership terms and conditions
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II – The University of Edinburgh
- Ceremonial events – The University of Edinburgh