Edinburgh to Lapland Festive Challenge
Santa needs our help. With the stop-start year we've had, the big guy up north is behind schedule and needs a few helping hands to have all the gifts ready for Christmas!
On Tuesday 1st December the Pleasance gym, the climbing wall, Eater Bush gym and St Leonard's Land are all beginning the 3720km trip from Edinburgh to Lapland! We are calling on all the Sport & Exercise community, near or far. to help us get there.
Whether it is cycling to work, a swim in the pool or a run on the treadmill, we are going to try and rack up the cardio kilometres in whatever way possible to get to Lapland on time. Anyone who takes part will be in with a chance of winning some fantastic prizes! Keep an eye on our social channels and chat with us onsite for more information
Terms and conditions for the Edinburgh to Lapland challenge prize draw
- The prize draw is open to University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise members who take part in the Edinburgh to Lapland challenge. Sport & Exercise staff and associate organisations staff (University of Edinburgh Sports Union, Scottish Student Sport, Personal Trainers and Cleaners) can take part in the challenge but will not be eligible for the prize draw.
- The Edinburgh to Lapland challenge will take place from Tuesday 1 December to Tuesday 15 December 2020. Then prize draw will take place on Wednesday 16 December 2020.
- The prize winner will be announced through social media.
- You can take part in the challenge multiple times, but you will only be entered into the draw once.
- Each person who wants to enter should add their name and distance contributed to the participation board. There will be boards located at Easter Bush gym, the Climbing wall and the circuits gym at the Pleasance. Each person who enters the Edinburgh to Lapland challenge will be assigned a unique number which will be entered into the prize draw and the winner will be chosen at random from the full list of participant numbers provided.
- The Prize will be a fitness hamper which will contain items supplied by TRX, Eleiko, our PT’s, FASIC, SIGG and PlayerLayer.
- The Prize will be available to collect until 31 January 2021.
- University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of similar value should the need to arise. The payment of all costs and expenses involved in claiming the Prize are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is non-transferable, and no cash alternative will be offered.
- If the potential winner does not claim the prize by 31 January 2021, the potential winner forfeits any rights to any prize and an alternative winner may be selected. Any unclaimed prize may not be awarded.
- The winner will not be expected to participate in publicity, but University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise will have the right to publicly disclose the name of the winner on the University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise social media channels.
- University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise takes no responsibility for entries which are lost, corrupted, or incomplete or for any failure to capture entry information. Use of false details will result in disqualification.
- University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise reserves the right to suspend, cancel or modify the Prize Draw at any time (and for any reason) without notice.
- University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment suffered or incurred as a result of entering the challenge or prize draw. University of Edinburgh Sport & Exercise also disclaims liability for any injury or damage to you, your personal computer, phone, tablet, or any other electronic appliance used to enter the challenge and prize draw, relating to or resulting from participation in or connection with the challenge.
- Entrants into the prize draw shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.