The University of Edinburgh Sport is celebrating the graduation of another batch of its sports stars with the launch of an Instagram account and a competition.
This week we will be posting graduate portraits of some sporting students at @uoesport. Graduates past and present of the University of Edinburgh are also eligible to enter a competition for a free one-year Graduate Membership at the Pleasance Sports Complex & Gym and merchandise from kit supplier PlayerLayer. Just Instagram a photo of your graduation and use #uoesport in the post to be in with a chance of winning. Full terms & conditions below.
Students taking part in our special graduation photography include Sarah Law, Applied Mathematics student and rugby player, who has over 30 caps for Scotland and scored the winning try against Wales in the 6 Nations for the team’s first win in seven years. Other athletes set to be featured are the likes of Scottish and GB hockey player Sarah Robertson, Lowland League footballer Craig McMillan and British Junior Champion judoka Helen Forbes. Visit our Instagram this week to see all the graduates.
My favourite memory involving University Sport would have to be winning the BUCS championship at Twickenham this year. It was the first time we had been in that final for 19 years and it was a fantastic way to round off my time at Edinburgh University .
My fondest memory from Uni is winning the treble this year in my final year with the hockey club. We won the Scottish cup, the league and the play offs, so it was a special way to finish.
My time at EUAFC has truly been incredible…I will truly miss my time here, there's no club quite like it.
My favourite memory of University Sport is being lucky enough to go training in Japan in the middle of term. The Individual Performance Programme allowed me to carry on my studies online and I got to train alongside Olympic and World Champions and train in the country that judo came from.
Terms and Conditions: Graduate Membership Competition
• The Graduate Membership Competition is open from 10.00 (GMT) on Monday 3 July until 23.59 (GMT) on Monday 10 July.
• Open to all graduates of the University of Edinburgh, including those graduating in July 2017, as well as those who have graduated in previous years.
• To enter participants must use #uoesport in an Instagram post featuring a photo of themselves on their University of Edinburgh graduation day. Please make sure your privacy settings will allow us to see the post.
• By participating each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sport & Exercise which shall be final and binding in all respects.
• Open to legal residents worldwide who are 18 or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sport & Exercise staff members and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter or win a prize.
• The winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Promotion Period.
• One winner will receive a year-long Graduate Membership to the Pleasance Sports Complex & Gym and merchandise from University kit provider, PlayerLayer. Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner.
• Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to Sport & Exercise and not to Instagram. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.