Further Membership Information
Further information about how to join or renew your membership as well as other important membership information.
How to join or renew your membership
University of Edinburgh students and staff can join or renew their membership online* or at Sport & Exercise Pleasance Reception.
- Some membership types can only be purchased at Reception. Please see individual membership pages for details.
- Please note that University of Edinburgh students cannot apply for a membership until you have been issued with a valid University of Edinburgh matriculation card. Please contact card services for further information.
- Graduate, community, seniors and all other membership categories should join or renew their membership, in person, at Sport & Exercise Pleasance Reception by completing a short membership form
- Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions (144.99KB PDF) of membership before joining and have all the relevant documentation required:
|Membership Category||Documentation required when applying|
|University of Edinburgh matriculated student||
|University of Edinburgh visitor card holders||
|Non-University of Edinburgh student||
|University of Edinburgh staff||
Unversity of Edinburgh graduate
|Spouse, partners and dependent children||
- Please allow up to 3 working days for your card to be enabled.
- You will be able to access all facilities immediately, using your receipt as temporary proof of membership.
Paying by Direct Debit
A mandate form plus full terms and conditions is included in our Direct Debit info pack.
Direct Debit info pack
By completing a Direct Debit mandate form you are signing up to a twelve month contract.
If you cancel your Direct Debit instruction within your twelve month membership period the outstanding balance on your membership will become due immediately.
Please read your Direct Debit info pack carefully.
Disclosure of access data
Members are advised that proximity and swipe access data collected onsite may be disclosed to third parties for security purposes where disclosure is required or permitted by law.
Membership terms and conditions (144.99 KB PDF)