March on in March
Evidence shows there are five steps we can all take to improve our mental wellbeing. We’re encouraging our whole community to #MarchOnInMarch and try some of these steps. You may feel happier, more positive and able to get the most out of life.
|1. Connect||4. Give to others|
|2. Be active||5. Take notice|
|3. Keep Learning|
Move in March Challenge
Other ways to #MarchOnInMarch and fulfil the five ways of wellbeing:
Opportunities to be active and connect
Outdoor Bootcamp at Easter Bush and Peffermill - starting 6 and 7 March
- Enjoy the fresh air and sign up for a one-of-a-kind workout. The bootcamps are a fun mixture of circuit training, HIIT, sport-styledrills and bodyweight exercises. They run for 5 weeks with 2 sessions a week and are open to everybody!
- Outdoor bootcamps
Self Defence workshop - starting 6 March
- Improve your confidence and fitness by learning practical self-defence based on real-life situations.
- Self Defence
Learn to lift workshops - starting 12 March
- Weight training can be one of the most powerful tools in your workout locker. It has a host of health benefits (increased bone density, protective effects against osteoporosis, diabetes and cardiac disease) and also promotes a feeling of strength and confidence.
- We offer both a women's only and open to everybody series
- Learn to lift workshops
Available throughout March
Opportunities to take notice and keep learning
Yoga workshops - starting 7 March
Our yoga workshops are suitable for all levels and those looking to improve their yoga skills. You can choose from Hatha or Vinyasa Flow Yoga, both are delivered by our very own Yoga practitioner June Underwood.
- Yoga workshops
The University’s 38th Annual Dance Performance
This year’s performance will showcase over 20 different styles of dance performed by the University's dance societies, groups and sports clubs at the Pleasance Theatre.
Wednesday 15 and Thursday 16 March from 7:30pm
- Dance Performance
Opportunities to give to others
Wednesday 8 March - International Women's Day
On Wednesday 8 March, with the rest of the University of Edinburgh sporting community, we'll be showing our support for International Women's Day
Find out how you can help #EmbraceEquity at www.internationalwomensday.com
Thursday 9 March - Challenge 23
- Unite with your University community and take part in the Brit 23 challenge in aid of the British Inspirational Trust and SAMH, Scotland's national mental health charity.
- On Thursday 9 March, University Mental Health Day, we’re inviting students, staff and the wider community to join us and take part in our “Challenge 23” campaign.
- You could be active for 23 minutes, complete 23 exercises, be active at 23 minutes past the hour, be active with 23 friends and be active 23 times in one day, the possibilities are endless.
- Challenge 23
Other opportunities to give to others in March
- Sign up for a sponsored event or challenge - www.ed.ac.uk/giving/fundraise-your-way/events-and-challenge