Book an adventure day and choose from a wide variety of exhilarating water and land-based activities. Suitable for all levels of ability.
Join us for a full day of fun and adventure. Our adventure days are designed around you. You will take part in a morning and afternoon activity and can choose to spend the entire day on the water or enjoy a land activity too. From open water canoeing or kayaking on Loch Tay to exploring the local woodlands and mountains by foot or bike, the choice is yours.
Ideal for all those wishing to escape the world of zoom for a day! From academic groups to individuals or a group of friends to a family get-together it's the perfect chance for some outdoor fun! We can accommodate groups of up to 12 people. There are two sessions for our Adventure days, one from 9am to 4pm or the other from 10am to 5pm.
To finish our adventure days all guests are treated to our famous cake and tea session - a great way to reflect back on the highlights of the day!
We look forward to welcoming you soon and promise we will provide a day to remember!
Cost (per person):
£45 - University of Edinburgh staff and students / Under 16's
£65 - Non-University of Edinburgh
|January to December:||kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, mountain biking, hillwalking|
|April to October:||kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, sailing, windsurfing, mountain biking, hillwalking|
What you need to bring:
- Comfy clothing (best to bring several layers to allow for the changeable Scottish weather)
- Spare clothes
- Old trainers or wetsuit boots
- Sunglasses and sunscreen for warm weather
- Refillable bottle for water
- A packed lunch
What to expect?
- You can choose to either do one activity for the full day or select two activities, one for the morning and a different one for the afternoon.
- One of our experienced instructors will welcome your group and provide an overview of how the day will work. They will then give you the equipment for your chosen activity.
- Your instructor will teach you all the required skills and techniques so you can enjoy your day. If you have previous experience, this will be the perfect chance for further development.
- An instructor will be available throughout the session to help guide you along. They can also provide great local knowledge and top tips on how to get the most from your chosen activity.