Our Clinics are ready to welcome you.
FASIC guide to face-to-face consultation
Our operating hours are:
FASIC Edinburgh – Pleasance
- Monday: 08:00 – 20:00
- Tuesday: 08:00 – 17:00
- Wednesday: 08:00 – 17:00
- Thursday: 08:00 – 20:00
- Friday: 08:00 – 16:00
FASIC East Lothian – Meadowmill
Making a face-to-face appointment
- If possible please book your appointment online to select your preferred clinician and appointment time. If you have questions or are unable to use the online platform then please contact the reception team (08:00 - 16:00 Mon-Wed, Fri and 08:30 - 4:00 Thu).
- Those who have not seen a clinician before are required to make an initial 60 minute appointment before any follow-ups.
- If it has been more than 8 weeks since your last follow-up you will be asked to make a new initial appointment.
- If an incorrect appointment has been made the incorrect charge will be refunded and a new link for the correct charge will be sent out. Please note: Refunds take 5-10 days to appear on your card.
Booking on Behalf of Others
- For those booking appointments on behalf of others please ensure bookings are made under the name of the patient being seen at the clinic. If you are having difficulty setting up an account please call the reception team for assistance.
- If you pay on your own account for another person we will no longer be transferring the funds and you will be responsible for paying for a new appointment for the patient.
- When creating an account and registering at the practice for another person, the email used in the registration form will be linked to the account moving forward. If this is your personal email account and you need future treatment for yourself you will be unable to create another account using this email address and will need to call reception to book in directly.
Before your arrival
- Those self-paying are encouraged to pay in advance of appointments, however cards can bee filed on your account to be charged after the completion of appointments.
- In special circumstances card payments can be processed in the clinic but online payments are encouraged for paperless billing.
Paying Through Insurance
- Those who have booked an insurance appointment should make sure that the relevant insurance form with policy number and authorisation number has been submitted one week prior to the appointment.
- If you have used insurance with FASIC previously a new authorisation number will be needed for new injuries. Please update the authorisation number before your appointment to ensure your insurance is billed appropriately.
- Check in at the main reception of the Pleasance Sport Complex & Gym or Meadowmill facility upon arrival.
- Please follow signage to the clinic or ask for assistance from the main reception area.
- If you are attending with a minor or as a caregiver you will be required to stay together at all times.
- When you arrive to the clinic please take a seat in the waiting area or notify the clinic reception of your arrival.
- The reception in the clinic is not staffed at all times, however a member of staff will call you in at the time of your appointment.
|During Your Appointment
- It is important to arrive on time and schedule your appointment for the appropriate length.
- Please come prepared and dressed in appropriate clothing for your appointment.
- Gender neutral and accessible toilets are available in the clinic and elsewhere within the Sport & Exercise facility.
- Appointments cancelled with 24 hours notice will not be charged.
- Appointments cancelled within 24 hours will be charged at the full cost of the appointment.
- Appointments can be cancelled via email, telephone call, voicemail or online.
- We encourage bookings to be made online so that changes can be easily made.
- Current NHS and University guidelines no longer require the use of face masks in clinical settings.
- If you are high risk or immunocompromised and would prefer your clinician to wear a mask please notify the clinic in advance of your appointment.
- We are always monitoring feedback and government guidance and will update our practices in accordance with their recommendations.
|After your appointment
- Additional supplies eg. Theraband, tape and injections can be purchased at reception.
- If you need to pay after your appointment is completed this can be charged to the card on your account . If no card is on your account we can assist you in adding one whilst in the clinic and will send a payment link before you leave the clinic.
- Please follow signage and take care on exiting the clinic