FASIC Sport & Exercise Medicine Clinic
Our team of expert sports and musculoskeletal specialists will work with you to prevent, diagnose, treat and manage your injury, restoring function and performance to ensure you are at your best, every day.
Services from 12 January 2021
Following the Scottish Government announcement on Monday 4 January 2021, Scotland has moved into the Lockdown Level of the Coronavirus Protection Framework. Healthcare remains one of the essential reasons for leaving home.
Please read our guides below for remote and face to face consultations.
- FASIC guide to remote consultation (296.25 KB PDF)
- FASIC guide to face to face consultations (119.14 KB PDF)
Please do not attempt to access FASIC through the main Pleasance Sports Complex, see the link below for a tour of our new direct entrance.
As Healthcare in general remains open, FASIC is able to offer remote and face to face physiotherapy appointments. However we are advised by our governing bodies to use a ‘virtual first’ approach, and limit our face to face contact where possible. While under protection lockdown restrictions we will be offering assessment appointments in 2 parts.
We have modified access to online bookings for face to face appointments temporarily to allow us to manage the volume and pattern of face to face consultations in the clinic.
Physiotherapy Initial Consultation Part 1 - Remote / Video (up to 30 mins)
- All new patients or new injuries will complete the initial part of their assessment remotely by video.
- This includes thorough history taking, health screening, assessment that can be completed virtually, advice on managing your injury or issue and shared decision making on progressing to a face to face appointment or continuing with a remote option.
- Price range from £20-£30.
Physiotherapy Initial Consultation Part 2 - Remote / Video (up to 30 mins)
- Follow up to part 1 assessment where face to face consultation is not required.
- This includes a detailed explanation of your injury or issue, goal setting, and creation of an appropriate rehabilitation plan and management strategy.
- Price range from £25-£30.
Physiotherapy Initial Consultation Part 2 – Face to Face (up to 30 mins)
- Follow up to part 1 assessment where face to face appointment is indicated. Your clinician will make you a Part 2 Face to Face appointment following Covid screening.
- This includes physical examination, appropriate treatment, detailed explanation, goal setting, and creation of an appropriate rehabilitation plan and management strategy.
- Price range £25-30.
Physiotherapy Initial Consultation Full - Remote / Video (up to 60 mins)
- For new patients or new injuries where you do not wish to be considered for a face to face appointment. Full Initial remote consultation. Price range £45-£60.
FASIC is unable to offer face to face Pilates appointments in Protection Level 4 or above. If you would like a virtual session please contact the clinic by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0131 650 2578.
FASIC is currently unable to offer Sports Massage Appointments as Massage Therapies are not permitted to operate in Protection level 4 or above.
FASIC is able to offer remote and face to face appointments where essential, following individual risk assessment
Alter G Anti-Gravity Treadmill
For use beyond 6 January 2021 please contact the clinic by email: email@example.com or 0131 650 2578.
Find out more about FASIC Sport & Exercise Medicine Clinic