Yoga & Mindfulness Retreat
Our next Yoga & Mindfulness retreat at Firbush Outdoor Centre is scheduled for Friday 10 to Sunday12 December 2021.
The retreat will be led by Senior Instructor June Adamson. Activities will include yoga, mindfulness plus the opportunity to engage in outdoor activities.
University of Edinburgh Students - £142
Non-students (staff and the general public) - £172
(The price includes: full board accommodation, evening meal, bed & breakfast, packed lunch as well as the yoga & mindfulness sessions and full use of the facilities & equipment).
Transport to and from Firbush - £20pp (round trip) via minibus or you may arrange your own transport.
What to expect:
- Numbers – we have reduced our numbers to a maximum of 12 guests on the retreat.
- Yoga will be taught in the dining room with magnificent views over Loch Tay and surrounding mountains and early mornings in our Lecture room.
- Guests are invited to arrive between 7:00pm and 7:30pm on Friday in time for supper at 8pm.
- Accommodation is basic bunk rooms (only two people per room) with allocated shared bathroom facilities.
- Bed linen is provided, however, you need to bring your own towel.
- Dining – face covering to be worn when moving around the dining room.
- Guests are asked to make up their beds and clear their tables at meals.
- There is no onsite shop and the nearest shops are located 3 miles away in the village of Killin.
- All catered food on the retreat will be vegetarian, but please inform June if you have any special dietary requirements.
|Friday||20.00||Light supper - soup and a roll|
|08.30||Breakfast (choice of cereals, toast, cooked breakfast with tea & coffee). Collect packed lunch pre-prepared by staff|
|09.45-12.30||Yoga & Mindfulness|
|17.00||Cake & tea|
|19.00||Dinner (3-course meal)|
|20.30-21.30||Evening wellness session|
|Sunday||07.30-08.25||Early Morning Yoga|
|08.30||Breakfast (choice of cereals, toast, cooked breakfast with tea & coffee). |
|12.30||Soup and Scones|
Yoga & Mindfulness
There’s always a choice of instructor-led activities where you will be guided and supervised. For sailing and paddle sports full safety cover is provided. Firbush is also located on bike route 7, and there are plenty of opportunities nearby for cycling on local trails. Residents can dip in and out of activities as they wish and Firbush staff can advise on local sightseeing opportunities. Activities will depend on season, weather and staff availability. If you have a particular interest, please check beforehand if it will be possible..
What to bring:
You do not need to bring any specific equipment as Firbush will provide everything required for the activities. However, if you have your own equipment you are welcome to bring it along and our instructors will check for suitability on the arrival evening. Additionally, wetsuits and buoyancy aids will all be provided.
- Waterproof jacket
- A few pairs of thick warm/woollen socks
- Comfortable walking trousers
- Thermals/base layers (best to pack several layers to regulate to the changeable Scottish weather)
- Spare clothes
- 2 Towels
- Yoga Mat (or you may borrow one)
- Blanket for yoga
- Toiletries (shower gel, toothpaste, shampoo & conditioner etc.)
- Medications or inhalers
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Thermos flask and water bottle for drinks
- Plastic box for your sandwiches
- Snacks or treats for yourself if desired
What’s recommended for water-based activities:
- Long-sleeved top (in cold weather we advise 2 layers)
- A wetsuit (provided by Firbush)
- Waterproof Jacket (provided by Firbush)
- Thick socks with old trainers/wetsuit boots
General Firbush information:
1. Check-in is available from 7 pm onwards, if you arrive before this time, you may not be able to gain access to the centre. On arrival please report to the Duty Instructor with your completed declaration forms which are essential to conform to licensing, safety and fire regulations.
2. All private vehicles should be left in the upper car park thus ensuring access to the building by emergency vehicles at all times.
3. Residents should read the fire drill instructions which are situated on the back of all cabin doors and beside all fire alarms.
4. For Health and Safety reasons a NO SMOKING POLICY applies throughout the main buildings and basement at Firbush.
5. Please do not bring alcohol to Firbush.
6. The Centre is not resourced to deal with family pets and we expressly request that you do not bring animals to Firbush.
Contact June by email: June.Adamson@ed.ac.uk
How to book:
The December retreat is now fully booked and the booking link for the 1 to 3 April 2022 retreat will be added here soon.