Indoor Cycling Instructor (Level 2)
This course will teach you everything that you need to know to teach a fun, safe, effective, indoor cycling studio classes.
Our team of highly qualified and experienced tutors and assessors will support you through your training programme making each step of your journey an enjoyable experience.
- How to maintain health, safety and welfare in an indoor cycling studio
- How to program safe and effective exercise for a range of clients
- How to communicate with and motivate clients
- How to plan, structure an Indoor Cycling based exercise program
- How to effectively deliver an indoor Cycling class
- Identify how music enhances the experience
Format & Assessment
- Age 16 or over
- Level 2 Group fitness (ETM) Instructor or Gym instructor or
- Complete Level 2 Mandatory Units (see below)
Indoor cycling Instructor course involves a two day Tutor led course followed by a one-day practical Instructing assessment.
- Successful completion of Worksheet - Planning group indoor cycling sessions
- Session Plan - Plan a safe and effective group indoor cycling session
- Practical Instructing session
Level 2 MANDATORY UNITS
If you have already have a Gym Instructor or Group Fitness (ETM) Instructor certificate you will already have the L2 mandatory Units. If not, then you must complete the mandatory units, to obtain the full Indoor cycling Certificate.
The mandatory Theory module is the underpinning knowledge for all level 2 courses. This is to be completed as distance learning. Following Registration, the Course Director will provide you with a Theory course manual. Begin to read and revise.
The theory assessment is 2 x 60-minute multiple-choice papers
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Principles of Exercise, Fitness & Health
- Plus the completion of 2 x worksheets
Sport & Exercise, The University of Edinburgh, 46 Pleasance, Edinburgh. EH8 9TJ;
2021 dates to be confirmed - (please email June.Adamson@ed.ac.uk to register your interest).