Support we offer
We offer advice on the organisation of events that include high-profile guests, alumni and donors.
We are happy to provide varying levels of consultation and assistance to University staff who need event planning support. Please contact us during the early stages of planning, so we can establish how best to support you.
Events with VIPs and high-level guests
If your event includes a VIP you must contact us as soon as possible in the planning process to make sure that all appropriate policies and procedures are followed. We will guide you through the event planning process and help you create a memorable and successful occasion.
Events with alumni and donors
We work closely with colleagues in the Development and Alumni Office who specialise in alumni engagement, fundraising and donor relations.
If you are keen to involve alumni, donors or prospective donors in your event, please contact us to take advantage of the knowledge and resources available. This may include:
- access to the Alumni Register and advice regarding its effective use;
- suggested speakers, workshop facilitators or other potential event participants;
- advice and guidance regarding all aspects of event organisation including invitations, booking, venues, catering and security;
- advice on promoting your event to alumni.
Other University events
We welcome the chance to speak with you during the early planning stages of your event and, based on these discussions, will outline the level of support that we can provide.
We can provide advice on:
- suitable venues;
- ticketing and marketing;
- appointing recommended university suppliers;
- creating table plans; and
- flag flying requests.
The University Events & Protocol team have, and continue to be, an integral part of the success of University of Edinburgh Sport’s major events. Their knowledge, expertise, support and advice are second to none.