College of Science & Engineering

Admissions Process

Further information on the admissions process

Application Procedure

All applicants, whether from the UK, EU or an international country, must apply via the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS).


You should apply by the relevant deadline to make sure your application is considered.

Deferred Entry

We are happy to consider applications from students who wish to take a year out of study before starting university.


Transfer students are those who have completed one or more years of study at another institution and apply to Edinburgh to complete their degree.