Information for unsuccessful applicants
We are sorry we have been unable to make you an offer. We understand this will be disappointing news and wanted to give you some information on the reasons behind the decision.
We have seen an increase in demand over the last several years, with more than 20,000 applications to the College of Science and Engineering for postgraduate study this year. Despite this increased demand we haven’t been in a position to increase the number of places available to accommodate this.
There are several reasons why an application may be unsuccessful and we have listed the most common reasons below. Alongside the feedback you have received via the Applicant Hub, we hope that the information below will help you understand why we have been unable to make you an offer.
- You thought you were qualified, but the feedback says you are not qualified
- Competition for places is extremely high
- Your qualifications are not in a relevant subject area
- Your grades in relevant subjects do not meet the required level for entry
- Your application was incomplete
- The information provided in support of your application did not meet the standard we require
- Your personal statement did not demonstrate an understanding of your chosen degree programme
If after reading the common reasons that applications are unsuccessful you feel that none of these apply to you, or you still do not understand why your application has been unsuccessful, then you can request further feedback.
Before making your request please read the information on Admissions Feedback & Appeals. Please ensure you include your name, UUN and the degree you have applied for in your feedback request.
Request further feedback on an unsuccessful application