The KB101 photography competition
As part of our KB101 celebrations we are announcing a photography competition to showcase life and work in the College of Science and Engineering.
The competition is intended to be as open as possible: images can cover all aspects of life and work in the College of Science and Engineering, either at King’s Buildings or in any other of our science facilities across town. Subjects can include landscapes, buildings, people, or flora and fauna. We encourage you to be creative: capture snapshots of staff and student life, and research- or course-related activities: including lab work, experiments or field trips.
Summary of the competition rules
- The competition runs until 5pm, 7 October 2022, and is open to all.
- We will restrict the number of entries from each person to five. You will be able to replace any submitted images with later ones, to a total of five.
- Only digital images will be accepted, and they should be at least 1800 x 1200 pixels in size.
- There will be a first prize to the value of £500, a second prize with a value of £300, and two third prizes with a values of £100.
- Depending on the number and quality of entries, we intend to mount a campus exhibition, as well as displaying the images online. We are currently planning to print twelve of the best entries in a calendar, which will be published shortly after the close of the competition.
For public entries, please contact email@example.com for further information.
The competition is now open, and runs until 5pm, 7 October 2022, giving entrants a full range of seasons on the campus, as well as a full academic year in which to capture innovative, creative and inspiring pictures, celebrating our College, one hundred years after the opening of the King's Buildings campus.
For updates on the competition, and for other centenary news subscribe to our mailing list: