College Office teams provide central administrative and management services for the College of Science and Engineering.
Academic Affairs team
- Learning and teaching policy and support for the Dean of Learning and Teaching for all taught programmes (undergraduate and taught postgraduate).
- Support for the Dean of Students for postgraduate research students.
- On-course student administration (undergraduate, taught postgraduate and research postgraduate), including concessions, regulatory advice, scholarships, and PGR assessment and progress monitoring.
- Quality assurance and support for the Dean, Quality Assurance for all taught and research programmes.
- Academic collaborations.
The section provides administrative support for the following College Committees:
- Education Committee
- Postgraduate Research Committee
- Quality Assurance Committee
- Curriculum Approval Board
- Library and Information Strategy Committee
College Engagement team
- Research strategy
- Internal and external communications
- College website and social media
- College student and staff newsletters
- Public engagement and outreach development
- Event management
College Finance team
The Finance Business Partnering Team helps the School and College make decisions informed by robust financial planning and forecasting. The Team provides:
- Budgeting and forecasting School and College plans
- Support with developing business cases for capital plans or new ways of working
- Support for strategic decision making
- Advice on financial best practice
Human Resources team
The College HR partnering team provides dedicated advice and support on all staffing matters including, but not limited to:
- Advice on the application of all HR policies
- Employment legislation
- Learning and Development requirements
- Restructures and organisational development
- Transfers in/out of the University
- Staff engagement and wellbeing
- Promotions, reward and job grading
- Workforce planning
- Senior staff recruitment co-ordination
- Employee relations casework
- Local trade union relations
Planning and Operations team
Are responsible for:
- College planning and governance
- Business intelligence and data analytics
- Planning and oversight of the College's estate
- Operational and management support to the College Office, including IT and P&M Support
Recruitment and Admissions team
Responsible for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate taught programmes across the College's seven schools including:
- Enquiries, applications advice and processing for undergraduate programmes in the College.
- Enquiries, applications advice and processing for postgraduate taught programmes in the College.
- Enquiries, applications advice and processing for visiting students in the College.
- Supporting recruitment events in the UK and internationally.
- Contributing to events and communications for prospective students.
- Contributing to admissions policies and practices in collaboration with admissions colleagues across the University.
More information is available on our staff and student intranet: