Learning and Development
Training, learning and development opportunities including courses and workshops for University staff.
The University of Edinburgh offers a range of training opportunities to its staff.
- Digital Skills and Training: developing digital and information literacy, desktop and IT productivity skills in staff and students to help you to work, research and study more effectively and to support continuing professional development.
- Web content creation and management: the Information Services offer a range of free training courses on aspects of web content creation and management.
- Development Opportunities: training, resources and workshops available from the University HR Services.
- Online Development Toolkit: an online resource which enables all staff, particularly those in leadership and management roles, to quickly find relevant information and practical advice to help them deal with different situations they may be facing in the workplace.
- Leadership & Management: the leadership and management development framework aims to signpost the most appropriate and available development option at each stage of a leadership and management career.
- Institute for Academic Development: provides University level support for teaching, learning and researcher development; through leadership, innovation, collaboration and direct provision that benefits students, staff and the University’s international reputation.
- Edinburgh Innovations: Edinburgh Innovations at the University of Edinburgh lead the University’s activities in industry engagement and business development, enterprise support for students and staff, and the identification, management and commercialisation of University intellectual property. With staff, they will help you explore your options, provide practical help at every stage and introduce you to EI’s range of professional expertise as necessary. For students, they provide a free service offering help and support to student entrepreneurs through a range of events, competitions, workshops and one-to-one meetings with expert advisers. No matter the stage of your idea, they can help.
- LinkedIn Learning: All our staff and students have access to LinkedIn Learning, an online subscription library that teaches the latest technology, digital, creative, and business skills.
- Health and Safety: the Health and Safety Department provide general training, first aid training, e-learning, as well as commercial training.
Staff can see a complete list of training courses and events available on MyEd.