Research Associate – GenOMICC
To deliver a research programme translating the findings of a large Covid-19 study into real-world clinical impact. Closing on 14 Oct.
UE07, £34,304 - £40,927 per annum, Fixed-term, 3 years
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic research associate to deliver a cutting-edge research programme translating the ongoing findings of the GenOMICC study (Nature 2020, Nature 2021) into real-world clinical impact for critically ill patients.
A full-time position is available for a talented laboratory scientist to join our team at the start of an exciting new Wellcome Trust-funded project. Our well-established laboratory, situated in the Roslin Institute (Easter Bush Campus), includes a multidisciplinary team with a range of skills from statistical genetics and genomics, to molecular biology and immunology.
The holder of this post will play a key role in conducting and assisting with laboratory studies using in vitro models and functional genomics techniques to understand host susceptibility to critical illness, as part of the translational genomics in critical care research programme in the Baillie laboratory at the Roslin Institute (http://baillielab.net).
- Pairo-Castineira et al (2021) Nature https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-020-03065-y
- COVID-19 Host Genetics Initiative (2021) Nature https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-021-03767-x
Your skills and attributes for success: PhD in Molecular Genetics, Cell Biology or a related subject
- Experienced in a variety of in vitro cell culture, flow cytometry and functional genomics lab techniques
- Excellent organisation, time-management and administration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at an appropriate level.
- An outstanding, adaptable team player who will thrive within a multidisciplinary, highly collaborative research group.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online. The application process is quick and easy to follow, and you will receive email confirmation of safe receipt of your application. Applications should be received by the closing date of 14 October 2021.