Career paths of women in science
Sharing experiences about a range of career options.
On 10 June 2021, we hosted the event ‘Women in science – Career paths’ with a panel of members of Roslin staff who talked about their career choices, advantages, disadvantages and recommendations.
The speakers were women from across different departments:
- Dr Florence Gohard, Strategic Research Coordinator, Roslin Institute
- Catriona Kelly, Science Writer and Editor, Roslin Institute
- Dr Lesley Penny, Director Bioresearch and Veterinary Services, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Nicola Stock, Public Engagement with Research Manager, Roslin Institute
- Dr Kellie Watson, Director, National Avian Research Facility, Roslin Institute
The event was part of a series of events and seminars focused on career paths, organised by postdoctoral societies across the University of Edinburgh’s College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. It was organised by the Roslin Career Development Committee together with the Easter Bush Postdoctoral Committee.