The strategic aim of this programme is to enhance the yield and quality of animals or their products while improving welfare, efficiency and sustainability.
- Nutritional additive strengthens chicken bones
- Breeding for disease resilience is cost-effective
- Genome explains differences in wild and farmed salmon
- Study could help breed healthier Ethiopian poultry
- Domestication insight could aid livestock development
- Modelling tool could predict pig development
- Brain study uncovers key to seasonal timing
We are defining the genetic architecture and molecular basis of simple and complex traits in animals and developing next generation strategies and tools for genetic improvement.
We are exploring the impact of the environment on animal behaviour and welfare with the aim of improving farm animal productivity and health.