The strategic aim of this programme is to define how the sequence, regulation and products of genes determine the development and function of body systems throughout life.
- Inside-out mini-guts aid research into poultry
- Gene tool holds promise of managing invasive species
- Study reveals complexities governing sex of birds
- Surrogate cockerels and hens produce donor breed chicks
- Gene map to aid studies of key traits in sheep
- Livestock surrogates successfully made fertile
- Stem cell study could curb need for animal tissue
- Immune cell ageing reversed by young microbes
We are defining the transcriptional organisation of animal genomes and identifying regulatory elements, as well as evolutionary and selection constraints, that control gene expression.
We are investigating the genetic basis of cell differentiation, tissue patterning and tissue homeostasis.