The strategic aim of this programme is to define how the sequence, regulation and products of genes determine the development and function of body systems throughout life.
- Gene edited pigs show signs of resistance to major viral disease
- Egg-free surrogate chickens produced in bid to save rare breeds
- The genetic fingerprint of the brain's immune cells offer insights into ageing
- Collaborative FANTOM5 project wins Eureka16 prize
- Vision for international animal genomes project published
- Gene study shows how sheep first separated from goats
We are defining the transcriptional organisation of animal genomes and identifying regulatory elements, as well as evolutionary and selection constraints, that control gene expression.
We are investigating the genetic basis of cell differentiation, tissue patterning and tissue homeostasis.