The strategic aim of this programme is to define how the sequence, regulation and products of genes determine the development and function of body systems throughout life.
- Eye disease patients to benefit from chicken study
- Gene-edited chicken cells resist bird flu virus
- How bird feathers form in wave-like motion
- Hen eggs with human proteins offer drug hope
- A new high quality reference genome for water buffalo
- Step-forward in deciphering how our genes are controlled
- Pathway modelling helps understand structure and function of biological systems
We are defining the transcriptional organisation of animal genomes and identifying regulatory elements, as well as evolutionary and selection constraints, that control gene expression.
We are investigating the genetic basis of cell differentiation, tissue patterning and tissue homeostasis.