EERA is active in providing evidences to support policy makers in their fight against COVID-19
Members of the EERA group are supporting the epidemiological work on COVID-19 in the United Kingdom and especially in Scotland through our COVID-19 Scotland Monitor data dashboard led by Dr Stella Mazeri. This work is now being supported by a small Data Driven Innovation (DDI) grant which will allow us to extend our activities to work on a COVID toolkit to support modelling efforts and mapping the outbreak to identify higher risk areas based on poverty and health information.
Through the Centre of Expertise in Animal Disease Outbreaks (EPIC) funded by the Scottish Government and led by Dr Lisa Boden, Dr Thibaud Porphyre and Dr Paul Bessell, we are part of the Scottish COVID-19 Response Consortium (SCRC) working as part of the Rapid Assistance in Modelling the Pandemic (RAMP) effort supported by the Royal Society to develop mathematical models to assist with decision making during the pandemic.
- COVID-19 Scotland dashboard
- Centre of Expertise in Animal Disease Outbreaks (EPIC)
- Rapid Assistance in Modelling the Pandemic (RAMP)
- Scottish COVID-19 Response Consortium (SCRC)
- Data Driven Innovation (DDI)
- The Roslin Institute COVID-19 research
- Edinburgh Infectious Diseases which has details of various COVID-19 and other infectious disease related projects happening at the Univeristy of Edinburgh.
- The Financial Times has a daily global update that is really useful