Dolly in the media and resources
Want to learn more about Dolly? Check out our list of the best Dolly-related media on the web.
Articles, audio, video and blog about Dolly, from around the web.
- Scientific publication about cloning Dolly
- Plaque celebrating Dolly the sheep unveiled in Edinburgh [Royal Society of Biology] - A blue plaque in recognition of the scientific achievement that Dolly represented is on display at The Roslin Institute.
- Hello Dolly: Edinburgh’s National Museum welcomes new exhibits for its 150th anniversary [Guardian] - A behind-the-scenes look at the new galleries at the National Museum of Scotland before their opening in July 2016.
- Dolly creator calls for bank of stem cells [The Sunday Times – paywall] - An interview with Professor Sir Ian Wilmut, carried out at the first Dolly@20 event, ‘Dolly and Me… 20 Years with the World’s Most Famous Sheep’.
Audio and video
- Horizon: Dawn of the Clone Age [BBC iPlayer] - A look at the work and the people behind the birth of Dolly the Sheep and future research. First broadcast in October 1997.
- Dolly the Sheep Unveiled [British Pathe] - Part of the ‘A Day That Shook the World’ series (British Pathe and BBC co-production).
- The Reunion: Dolly the Sheep [BBC Radio 4] - Recorded and first broadcast in 2012, this episode brings together Professor Sir Ian Wilmut, Professor Keith Campbell, Dr Bill Ritchie, John Bracken and Marjorie Ritchie to discuss the impact of Dolly’s birth.
- The Retro Report [New York Times] - A look back at the global reaction to Dolly’s birth and her lasting legacy in scientific research, featuring interviews with members of the Dolly research team. Recorded in 2013.
- The Future of iPS Cells, Shinya Yamanaka & Ian Wilmut in Discussion [YouTube] - Produced by the Japanese broadcaster NHK, this video sees Professor Sir Ian Wilmut and Nobel Prize Laureate Professor Shinya Yamanaka discuss the future of iPS cell research and regenerative medicine.
- The Quest for New Therapies by Stem Cell Research [YouTube] - Part of the University of Edinburgh’s ‘Our Changing World’ lecture series, Professor Sir Ian Wilmut talks about his work in stem cell research at the MRC Centre for Regenerative Medicine
- Dolly@20 [YouTube] - To mark the 20th anniversary of the birth of Dolly the Sheep, in 2016 experts discussed the impact that the birth of Dolly had on science.
Blog and website
- Towards Dolly blog - A project at the University of Edinburgh’s Centre for Research Collections looked at the history of animal genetics research in Edinburgh leading up to Dolly’s birth.
- Dolly at the National Museum of Scotland