Research Funding Team
We work with researchers, and the local professional services colleagues who support them, at all stages of research grant proposal preparation.
We are connected across the University which enables us to provide advice to researchers in all disciplines and to support interdisciplinary research projects.
- Share information and give advice on funding sources.
- Run learning events on research funding.
- Provide budget development for research proposals, including liaison with other institutions for collaborative proposals.
- Help draft and proof-read non-technical aspects of proposals.
- Provide layman’s critique for technical aspects of research proposals.
- Check scheme compliance and provide advice on eligibility criteria.
- Arrange mock interviews.
- Help draft and secure signatures on letters of support.
- Process certain contracts, e.g. funder and collaboration agreements.
- Conduct due diligence.
- Submit research proposals on behalf of the University.
Who do I contact?
Research Funding Specialists are the first point of contact in Edinburgh Research Office for researchers and professional services colleagues in local Research Offices.